Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th!


The 4th of July didn't go quite how we expected it to.  BUT, that's okay because we saw an amazing firework show the Saturday before at the Stadium of Fire.  Not only were we 50 yards away from where they were shooting off the fireworks, but we got to see six guys with American flags para-glide into the stadium, hear the entire concert, and we didn't pay a single cent! I don't know why people pay so much money to be inside of the stadium.  Anyway, my friend Rally and her soon-to-be-husband, Jon, met up with us when the fireworks started. Rally was my first roommate in college so it's always so fun when we get to hang out and I 'm so excited for her to get married next month!

So we got to see an awesome firework show on the 2nd.  However, on the actual 4th, Danny had work from 2:00 until noon, and I had work from 6:00 until 4:00. To add to that, Danny had work at 2:00am again the next day so we couldn't be out super late. SO, we had from about 5:00-9:00 to do something.  We ended up going over to my sister's in-law's house to swim and BBQ.  But of course, as soon as we got there we found out that Kerry and Wayne, my brother-in-law's parents, got their car stuck up in a canyon. So all of the guys went to go save them, and all of the girls hung out and waited for them to get back.  It was interesting, but they got their car out and it ended up being a pretty fun night!

Next year though, Danny and I are definitely both going to get off work, and we are going to have all-day festivities. Can't wait! I love America!

No comments:

Post a Comment