Monday, January 9, 2012

Washington D.C.

The part of Delaware I grew up in is in possibly thee most convenient location. No more than a two hour drive can get you to so many places--the beach, D.C., New York, Baltimore, Gettysburg, Philadelphia. It really is pretty nice. We decided to go down to D.C. a few days after Christmas. It was so fun! I hadn't been down to that area since high school, and I don't think I had ever been there and appreciated it. When you grow up so close to a place like that, it doesn't seem all that special. Since meeting Danny though, I have learned to appreciate a lot of things about the east coast. We spent the whole day there, and the only downfall was that we ran out of time to go to the DC Zoo which not only has pandas, but it's totally free! I was pretty bummed, but we got to do a lot of other cool things instead! We saw the Washington Monument (still can't go up since the earthquake), Lincoln Memorial, Holocaust Museum, Ford's Theatre, Air and Space Museum, Museum of American History, and the White House. Here are some pictures from the trip!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love DC you are so lucky to live so close. Your pictures look great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved our trip there as well. Most of all for the wedding. But it was sure a fun place to tour!!

    ReplyDelete