Saturday, March 3, 2012

VDay, Adventuring, a Wedding and Friends

Valentines Day: Danny brought me home a pretty rose. I was really excited because I even recognized the foliage and filler flowers they used! Danny had a basketball game that night (of course), so instead of going out we made dinner together and watched a movie.
Sunday Exploring: One Sunday afternoon we wanted to get out of the house, so we decided to go explore over  towards Utah Lake. Somehow, in the four years that I've lived here I've never gone over there. We found a park and we got there just as the sun was setting on the lake! No one else was there so it was nice and peaceful.
Sealing: Danny's Uncle Jared was sealed to his wife, Camila, and his daughter, Talia, this past weekend. It was such a cool experience to witness. The spirit was so strong, and I could just see the joy in their faces to finally be sealed together forever. There were tears everywhere! The video (sorry it's so little!) is of Talia dancing at their reception that night. I think she was about as clueless as I was at my reception that people were gonna start sticking money in her dress! She is the sweetest little girl.

The past couple of weeks we've also been able to see a lot of friends that we don't get to see too often. Our friends Jake and Mandy passed through on their drive from Boise to St. George. It was so fun to meet their new baby Cannon. He's a monster! He's only two months, but is bigger than my four month old niece! We also went out with my friend Kelsey, who was one of my roommates my freshman year, and her husband Phil one night. I don't know what it is about your freshman year of college, but I have stayed so close to the girls I roomed with my that year. All of us are married now, and we're all doing very different things, but they're my friends from college that I know I'll still be in touch with ten years from now.

Anyway, we are now just looking for jobs and counting down the days til graduation. So anxious!

No comments:

Post a Comment