Sunday, August 28, 2011

Family in Utah

The day that we got back from Lake Powell, my parents and my little brother flew into Utah. It's always so nice when so many of us can get together, so we took advantage of having the majority of us in one state.  My mom made us all dinner at my apartment one night where we got to witness a hawk trying to take down a squirrel, we went out to the most delicious Indian restaurant I've ever been to--Royal Indian--where we saw the biggest beetle ever in the parking lot, and my mom taught me and my sister Caitlyn how to can meat! It might seem/look kind of gross, but it is totally worth it for the convenience! Here are some pictures from the week:
DSC_0659DSC_0644
DSC_0655
DSC_0649DSC_0651DSC_0652DSC_0653
DSC_0657 Cutest little asian girl yelling at the hawks
DSC_0663
Sick! It was huge!

So, the majority of these pictures might be of animals, but I swear, we didn’t spend the entire week watching hawks and playing with giant beetles!

2 comments:

  1. haha what! that is INSANE! my parents saw an eagle take out a duck once in my backyard. cool pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some awesome pics Raina! Although we didn't see the action go down, we did see a hawk eating a little bird in our front lawn in the snow - red snow, ha ha haaa

    ReplyDelete