Sunday, April 29, 2012

College Graduate

I did it. I am officially a college graduate! Danny and I walked together, but he won't officially be done until June. We are almost past this school phase of our lives! It's crazy to think how far I have come and how much I have grown since graduating high school. I originally didn't get accepted into BYU, but in April of my senior year they decided that they would let me come if I was willing to start during the summer. I still remember my friend Meaghan nudging me during class to accept the offer. So, a couple weeks after graduating from high school, I packed up my bags and moved across the country. Although it seemed scary at the time, I'm so glad I made that decision! BYU might get a lot of hate, but it's a great school with great people, great professors, and I'm so glad I was able to come here for school.

Now that I've graduated, people are constantly asking me about what our plans are. This picture is a perfect description of how I now feel about these questions (thanks Jessica). As of right now, we are just on the hunt for jobs anywhere we can find them! Maybe I'll go back to school. Maybe I won't. Maybe I'll find a job because of my degree, maybe I won't. Either way, whether or not I do something practical with my degree, I'm so glad I got it. I got a lot more out of college than just a resume booster. The experience alone is worth it. I learned to live on my own, I made some amazing friends, and I met my husband. It's true, some classes that I took will be useless, but I took so many classes that taught me so much! Not just teaching me information, but also teaching me life-long skills and principles. I can't wait to know what's next for us!

1 comment:

  1. haha that picture about after-grad plans totally made me laugh. i can't believe it's been four years since we were next door neighbors! i remember being totally terrified of everything college-related. ha. congrats maraina!

    ReplyDelete